About the room
Who lives there
1 male, professional
1. There is no minimum stay; it's simply month to month for your convenience mostly. I travel much of the time; I build and race cars so you will be in charge of the place when I'm gone. Reliable, professional or student, women only please working a 9 - 5 job or in school the same basic hours as I occasionally need some privacy during business hours to conduct my own personal and private business. When traveling I'll be available by cell, landline, Skype or email. I'll return home briefly every month or two depending on the SCCA racing schedule and my general proximity to Houston. I go as far north as Fairbanks, Alaska and Bangor Maine and as far south as Key West Florida and Baja California. My two boys "Ari and Bohdi" (black and silver medium Schnauzers- 25 lbs each) often travel with me. If not they are good company and are all but self-sufficient. A self-filling large water bowl and a doggy door to a fenced in back yard makes for relatively low maintenance. They eat whatever is in the fridge pretty much. They like sirloin, pork tenderloin, pumpernickel bread and ice cream particularly.
2. THERE ARE NO DEPOSITS or move-in fees.
3. The $200 monthly utility fee is ALL INCLUSIVE. Electricity, natural gas, water, HDTV, Dish on Demand, LG washer and dryer (between your rooms) and a private twin sink bathroom with locks on all doors for your peace of mind, trash pick-up twice a week, WiFi, portable private VOIP landlines, lawn care, three pools and tennis courts all for two hundred dollars.
4. I'm Located in the Jersey Village area near Beltway 8 and Hwy 290. 15 to 20 minutes to Cypress or Hwy 610 (inner loop) the heights, Willowbrook Mall or I-10/Katy with endless surrounding restaurants, clubs and gathering places.
5. You'll have full access to most of the house including the living room, dining room, wide open kitchen, breakfast bar and great room; excluding my office, bathroom, garage or the master bedroom suite. You can decorate your room as you like. You may not decorate my house as a rule however if you have something you would like to add that fits the existing decor I'll certainly consider it! There is some nice art on these walls and most the furnishings are new or in like new condition.
6. HDTV, NETFLIX and all 20,000 Direct TV plus On Demand Movies are available on new 32" Samsung flat screen TVs in both guest rooms. These rooms are furnished; one with a new Queen Size Simmons Beautyrest bed the other a New Queen Size Temperpedic bed, both have computer desks, office chairs, phones, large closets, and nightstands with drawers for extra storage.
7. The laundry room directly between the two guest bedrooms as I mentioned it has two top of the line LG front-loaders and a Shark clothing steamer. A Shark vacuum cleaner lives in a nearby closet.
8. My property is gated, with alarms on all doors and windows. Three off-duty Harris County Police Officers patrol at night. There have been no incidents in the fifteen years I've owned the home.
9. No credit check or referrals are necessary really. I'm a pretty good judge of character. My verbal vetting process will take less than one half hour. Presuming you want to move in and I decide that I want you to move in as well; you'll have an answer from me within 24 hours.
10. This is a 3000 sq ft home all on one story in a upscale community primarily made up of professionals , families and retirees. Houses here range from $300K to $600K. You won't find a more comfortable place to live in Northwest Houston with quick access to the city. You'll get a nice bedroom, use of the second bedroom for clothes and storage (if available) and a large private bath with a twin-sink vanity for a total of $800 including utilities and amenities . Rent is due in cash no later than the first of the month. No exceptions.
A. My monthly expenses are $3200 with my property taxes as long as the house or appliances don't require maintenance. My personal property taxes are $7000. My homeowner's insurance is $2000. My annual mortgage payment is $14,500. Gas, water, electric, direct TV with movie channels, internet, WiFi, lawn care, association dues are all in addition to these expenses. Living in Willowbridge Estates is an expense as well. However, you pay a flat fee of $800. If you can find a better deal take it. Please no typed messages on Roomgo. CALL ME if you're interested in discussing this offer. If you are a fit the next thing you know you'll be living here so let's not spend too much time with the process. Let's just get 'er done!
B. If you smoke and wish to do so inside or in the breezeway you are not going to bother me.
C. If you have a boyfriend or husband that's great but he can't stay the night here except on birthdays and select holidays because I simply don't rent to couples. I tried that once lol!
(D)! You should have four or more years of education after high school or be pointed in that direction. More so in the sciences or at least something interesting lol. I don't rent my guest bedroom(s) because I need the money but rather for the occasional good conversation and the extra security while I'm away from home lol. If you believe in anything supernatural, The Greek or Christ Myths, Vampires, Werewolves or the CURRENT ADMINISTRATION might not be a particularly good fit here lol. Sorry but after four years of doing this I know pretty much what I need and want in a renter lol! I'll consider anyone of any race, creed or color who fits the basic description above. Friendly, informed and a bit extroverted are good things in my opinion. We mainly need a little noise around here as the boys are pretty much over barking!
E. This is the fourth largest city in the U.S. and you are not going to find a landlord two blocks from where you work. Expect a twenty to thirty minute commute daily if you are fortunate.
F. For the same $800 (if you qualify) you can get a small "Section 8" apartment somewhere in Houston! Basic cable, no internet, no utilities paid, no County Sheriffs for security but one possibly two security guards- so if you are accosted, raped, murdered or need of real help in any emergency response time could be slow. You will also have to raise an EXTRA month's rent, a SECURITY DEPOSIT and SIGN a minimum seven month LEASE.
Thanks so much for your consideration and time,
Jack Heath PhD
Willowbridge Estates lll
Houston, TX 77064
Listing ID: H150123175220992
Posted on 4 December 2019