About the room
Who lives there
3 mixed gender, from 25 to 34 years old, professional, non smokers
from 22 to 35 years old
Large bedroom downstairs with its own private bathroom in a large house located in North San Jose that is:
- 2 miles from San Jose State University (downtown San Jose)
- 2 - 3 miles from HWY (101) (680) (280)
- 5 miles from San Jose airport
- driveway can accommodate two cars and there's ample street parking
- in safe/quiet neighborhood
- Japantown is a few blocks away and great Mexican taquerias are everywhere
The house has 4 bedrooms (3 upstairs and one downstairs) and 4 bathrooms. We all have unrestricted, shared access to:
- furnished kitchen with granite countertops
- new refrigerator, stove and dishwasher
- furnished living room (with bluetooth wireless speakers)
- furnished family room upstairs
- dining room
- new indoor washer and dryer
- outside grill
- garage (used for storage)
- large backyard with outside fireplace
- high-speed wifi
- upstairs heating controlled by Nest thermostat (can turn on/off/program via phone app)
The rent includes high-speed internet, all utilities (gas, electricity, and water), trash & recycling. And what's probably best of all, we have an awesome housekeeper who does deep-scrub/top-to-bottom cleaning every two weeks and even does our laundry (if we want). Seriously--what's not to love about this place?!
The landlord does not require a security deposit (just the standard first and last months' rent). The lease is month-to-month to give us (the tenants) the flexibility to leave whenever we wish, but the landlord will enter into a six-month or one-year lease with any tenant who requests it.
That brings us to what we look for: mature, fun/interesting and stable roommate(s) who'd enjoy living in a friendly, respectful, and chill living environment. Two of us are in our mid-20s and the other mid-30s. We are professionals in high-tech and healthcare with varied interests and work hard, probably too much. We are health-conscious and into fitness/exercise, clean, courteous, gay-friendly (sad this still even needs to be said) and, not surprisingly, at times we can be a tad nerdy/techy in that unique Silicon Valley way.
We live simply and without pretense. When our busy schedules allow, we cook dinner or Sunday brunch together and, on occasion, will invite each other's friends over to share a good meal and join in the revelry of vibrant conversation. Overnight guests of anyone who is family or a trusted friend are welcome. In short, as different as we are from each other, we all share one common value: live and let live.
So if you're interested, please tell us a bit about yourself (e.g., where you live now, what you do for a living, and for how long you wish to rent). Because of the shelter-in-place order currently in place in California, we must conduct the initial interview with anyone interested in the room via FaceTime or Skype/Zoom and will give you a virtual tour of the house. If you wish to move forward, then we'll discuss on how to proceed from there.
Best of luck with your search!
Listing ID: H16091481810446
Posted on 7 April 2021