About the room
Who lives there
2 male, from 22 to 35 years old, mixed, outside smokers only
male, from 22 to 30 years old
JUST LISTED. Available Immediately and through August 15th, 2022!! 1-3 VERY premium rooms in a Great house with a Dynamic Living Environment for high-quality housemates for athletic/active, responsible, and self-sufficient, striving young professionals.
Short term leases available for the summer, but Fall Leases MUST run 10.5 to 13.5 months to accommodate a standard school year. (ALL LEASES usually begin and end between JULY 1st & AUGUST 15th)
Current TOTAL Rent is $945-$995 which will include an ABUNDANCE of all utilities -- water, electric, gas, Direct HDTV with newest Genie system DVR, high-speed internet (600+Mbps download), access to Comcast online, laundry, Hot Tub and More!! Security Deposit is $1250.00 FULLY FURNISHED! ALL-INCLUSIVE! FULLY EQUIPPED!
Please call Rob for the quickest response!!
PLEASE LEAVE PHONE NUMBER WITH ALL EMAIL RESPONSES.
This is a very comfortable home environment ideally suited for New Grads, Graduate Students, Ph.D. Students and/or Young professionals that are active, responsible, and can take of themselves. A self-sufficient, intelligent, person starting their first job out of college or someone continuing their studies at the University could prosper and expand in this fun friendly environment!!
The house is currently occupied by the homeowner/landlord, male, University of Michigan Engineering alumnus, private contractor/handyman, and very active with the student body, campus life, a participant in multiple University Clubs and Intramural Sports.
Located on the Old West Side of Ann Arbor, an 8-minute walk to Downtown & Kerry Town, the house is a 1927 Orange iron full brick home with wood fireplace and double lot and private lounging garden area, beautiful large backyard, and rooftop deck with 2 zero gravity loungers.
MUST SEE TO BELIEVE!!!!
The first floor (sunroom) - Fully Furnished - is 8' x 20' and has 9' ceilings with 8 Full-Size double hung windows w /screens and beautiful real wood blinds. A bold remote-controlled (Bluetooth cell phone app) Hunter ceiling fan has been recently installed. The room is freshly painted and the floors freshly revived. The room includes a large personal duel remote control AC unit and 6 grounded receptacles on 2 designated full 20-amp circuits. The room also comes with a supplemental remote-controlled DeLonghi programmable oil filled electric radiator and Frigidaire 3.1cu. ft two-door refrigerator/freezer. (Although there is special noise insulation in the wall, the person that occupies this room must be somewhat noise tolerant because the room is located on the backside of the TV in the living room)
The beautiful 2nd floor furnished bedroom - 11' x 11' - has lighted closet, personal AC unit, ceiling fan & grounded receptacles, cable jack, and hard-wired internet jack - 6 windows with curtains and roller shades - 3 windows facing South and 3 West - all storms/screens work. Walkout access to a potential rooftop garden. The room also comes with a supplemental remote-controlled DeLonghi programmable oil filled electric radiator and Frigidaire 3.1cu. ft two-door refrigerator/freezer.
A beautiful 2nd floor furnished or semi-furnished room - 11' x 11' - has lighted closet, personal AC unit, ceiling fan & grounded receptacles, cable jack, and hard-wired internet jack - - all storms/screens work. Walkout access to a potential rooftop garden. It is yellow and on the Northside with 2 windows with beautiful white Levelor blinds and curtains. The room also comes with a supplemental remote-controlled DeLonghi programmable oil filled electric radiator and Frigidaire 3.1 cu. ft two-door refrigerator/freezer.
All rooms are fully furnished! Your own personal furnishings welcome. The house has a central boiler for heat, but supplemental remote-controlled DeLonghi programmable oil-filled electric radiators and a Frigidaire 3.1 cu. ft. two-door refrigerator/freezer also comes with each room.
House Features/Perks of 1421 West Huron Street:
- Large kitchen with 2 refrigerators (one BRAND NEW Stainless Steel GE Profile 28 cu. ft. with water and ice), gas range/stove w/center burner or griddle and a new top-of-the-line Bosh 800 series 3-tier dishwasher, new Cuisinart Double waffle maker
- Compact 3.1 Frigidaire Refrigerator/Freezer comes with each bedroom -- model #FFPS31B2QM ) see pictures
- Excellent quality small appliances, dishes, glasses, silverware, pots/pans, knives, etc.
- 2 full bathroom & ½ bathroom, New Weight Gurus Bluetooth 8-user bathroom scale with all the bells and whistles
- Bradford White high output Hot water tank provides 200+ gallons in the first hour.
- Recently redone, exquisite dining room
- Living room with Panasonic 65" HDTV Plasma flat screen w/400+ hr. DVR -- newest Direct TV Genie system and full entertainment center with surround sound (Genie option for personal rooms) including Amazon Fire Stick with Amazon Prime movies/video available at the main TV
- New 3D Panasonic Blue-Ray disc player (blue tooth capable) with internet access for U-Tube, Hulu, & Netflix
- New Wii U gaming console with 6 controllers
- New 3 piece full leather sectional w/2Power Recliners plus 4 piece full leather sectional w/2Power Recliners - Seats 9 people
- New LG Premium Duel-Inverter Ultra Quite remote controlled/Wifi/Bluetooth 14,000 Btu AC unit
- Hardwood floors in the entire house
- Walk-out access to a potential rooftop garden
- Phone/cable jacks in each bedroom with Direct TV Genie option for $15/month (free access with a personal computer)
- EXCELLENT high speed hardwired (available in each bedroom) AND wireless Internet available supplied by NEW Arris XB6 modem and Netgear R6300 Smart WiFi Router
- Comcast’s NEW "Extreme Pro" Service -- up to 600 Mbps download (UNLIMITED DATA)
- Newly installed entire house water filtration system: all water purified for bathing and double purified for drinking (filters down to .35 microns)
- Deluxe Master Spas 8person 88 jet Hot Tub w/stereo/CD player system with Tiki torches and 20" flat screen ED TV
- Beautiful 8 person floating poker table
- Furniture and materials for entertaining 30+ people inside or out
- Recreational room with original prohibition-era speakeasy bar and dart board
- workout space with Body Solid Cage, professional Resilite mat, inversion table, punching bag, pull-up bar, Olympic bars (6 ’& 7’ amd two hand bars) & weights, Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair) w/stand and more!
- EXTENSIVE board game/lawn game collection
- Full basement with 7' clearance with plenty of storage space
- Free laundry provided-- washer, dryer and free standing clothes steamer
- LG - 5.2 Cu. Ft. High-Efficiency Front-Load Washer with Steam and TurboWash Technology & LG - 9.0 Cu. Ft. Gas Dryer with Steam and Sensor Dry - Graphite Steel
- Parking spot(s) available for tenant(s) that contribute the most to the function & and the well-being of house -- electrified garage space available-- addition unlimited parking space are available for guests on Revena Ave.
- Motion detector light switches and push-button combination entry lock
- Exterior water and electricity with hoses and extension cords
- Garage space for bikes and motorcycles
- 4 Gas grills, 3 outdoor fireplaces (one stone), new picnic table, swing bench, 4 side tables, and chairs
- House recycling program
- Whole house surge protection and emergency gas power generator
- Ring Doorbell Pro with audio/video Security
- Easy move-in -- no utilities to set-up -- utilities included with rent payment
- No bills to divide or roommate money arguments
- Walking Distance -- 0.8 miles to Main Street – Kerrytown/Downtown /1.1 miles to Central Campus
- 10 yds to AAATA bus stop for Route 30 & 31 (free rides with M-Card) Directly on AAATA's Route 60 that has an express run through U-M Campus to the Hospital during Peak Morning and Evening hours
The current TOTAL monthly rent including all utilities and amenities is $945.00*. *Plus 2 hours per week labor commitment -- see house policy sheet. Security Deposit is $1250. Utilities include free laundry, water, electric, gas, Direct HDTV w/DVR, high-speed internet, access to Amazon Prime, Direct TV, & Comcast and online.
There is also house social fund established and 100% funded by myself to enhance this home's living experience -- Account maxes out at $2000
Rob is excellent at ensuring that everyone in the house is comfortable with their living situation and fixes any housing issue the moment that it is presented to him. Rob's great expertise in repairs, construction, and maintenance made quick work of any problem that may exist. Also, Rob does his absolute best to maintain a strong social connection between the housemates by inviting us for games, movies, going out, etc. all while respecting our private space. Rob is a consummate host for any guests that we may bring over by setting up food, drinks, and entertainment. Rob encourages the use of any and all of the wide array of amenities that are available to us. Overall, my living experience at 1421 W Huron St was a very enjoyable one, thanks to Rob's proficiency as a landlord.
--Dan H. (Resident of 1421 W. Huron St -- Aug 2013 - 2014)
"I've had an absolutely pleasurable and relaxing time living with Rob as my roommate and landlord. He honors an individual's personal freedom almost religiously and is always eager to please his tenants and roommates beyond reason. Although some might consider it a bit crazy, he does things like buy our house a 62-inch plasma TV and not charge his tenants a cent for it! The gigantic outdoor hot tub is REALLY nice and it's perfect after a hard day's work or in the middle of winter. Rob exemplifies the exact opposite of a lazy or inattentive landlord. He has NEVER once failed to follow through whether it was putting in an air conditioner, letting me renovate the basement for my music equipment, picking me up from the airport, or fixing one of a thousand luxury items we have at our disposal at 1421 W. Huron. Remember that all utilities and internet are included and it's a really good deal especially when Rob incurs huge property taxes and heating bills in the middle of winter. None is passed on. You will not find a landlord more obsessed with the happiness of his/her tenants than Rob. As a roommate, Rob was always very social and allowed me to have my space when I wanted it.
Most of the time it is quiet around our house, but we occasionally threw a party or two using the spacious empty double lot next to us and our large basement that has a 1920s bar in it. Rob made it difficult for me to move away because he has spoiled us so much; 1421 W. Huron feels like home for me now."
-- Paul D. (Resident 1421 W. Huron St. 2004-2006)
Rob is like nobody you have ever met, or will ever meet, in your life. He cares about his housemates’ comfort possibly more than his own. He demonstrates this by regularly asking if we need anything; offering us utensils/appliances/gadgets just to make our lives easier; and promptly fixing or replacing anything in the house that doesn’t work. And he does all of this sincerely and energetically. All of these actions, big and small, have had a huge impact on our quality of life during the past four years that we have lived in his house. Beyond Rob’s personal impact on life at 1309 South 7th Street, there are many other reasons to love the place: proximity to the quaint Old West Side neighborhood, walking distance to Pioneer and Eberwhite Woods, off-street parking, in-house free laundry, backyard and garden space. We highly recommend you take a look!
Lauren M. & Jonathan S. (1st floor - 4 years ending Spring 2019)
Listing ID: H15082816328836
Posted on 19 July 2021